IVF has become quite a popular procedure for conceiving, especially among the people struggling with infertility. Many people go through IVF treatment to conceive a baby, and though they take proper care before and during the IVF process, they often don’t know about what to do after the IVF treatment has been implemented and the embryo has been transplanted back into the woman’s uterus. Either they become over cautious or are not careful enough.
We had a discussion with Dr. Shivani Sachdev and she gave us some tips about what to do after the IVF to make it a success. Following are the success tips that you can follow:
- DON’T DO HEAVY EXERCISE – Though performing day to day tasks that do not require heavy weightlifting and does not cause much exertion are allowed, heavy exercises that may lead to the uterine muscle contraction should be avoided. After IVF treatment, the ovaries are still in a and should be protected from any pressure and hence all sort of heavy works should be avoided.
- EAT HEALTHY FOOD – You will get many different types of diet plans from various blogs and sites, and though you may follow any of those, it is necessary to make sure that you are in taking all the proper nutrients a pregnant woman is supposed to take. After the embryo is transferred into your uterus, you might already be pregnant. So it is better to keep your body healthy and provide it with the nutrients and vitamins that help the growth of the embryo.
- DON’T PANIC IF YOU BLEED A LITTLE – It is quite normal to bleed a little after a few days of IVF transplant. In fact, it can be taken as a positive sign as most women who bleeds a little after IVF, mostly gets pregnant. So instead of panicking, you should consult your doctor and find out the reason.
- TAKE PROPER REST – Proper rest is really essential for the well being of you and your growing embryo. With the sudden changes in your body after the transfer of the embryo into your uterus may make you feel strange. It is common to feel nausea, faintness, mild cramps etc. Your body has to adjust to the change and also prepare for the pregnancy, so it is important that it gets lots of rest and remains in the healthy state.
- AVOID THE TUB, POOL, AND SAUNA – Submerging in a tub or pool after the IVF process may lead to some sort of infection and thus should be avoided for a few weeks after the process. Same goes with the Sauna as extreme temperatures may not prove good for the conceiving.
So these were few points that Dr. Shivani Sachdev Gour shared with us for after the IVF. According to her, these tips can help the couple going through IVF treatment in conceiving the child after the embryo has been transferred back into the woman’s body. If you have any doubts or concern regarding IVF, you can reach out to take expert advice from Dr. Shivani Gour.