During pregnancy, it is very important that you maintain, because during this period your body needs proper nutrients, vitamins and minerals. A diet that lacks sufficient nutrients can negatively affect the development of baby. Besides, you should also maintain a healthy eating habits as this will help ensure the health of you and your baby. Thus, there are few highly nutritious foods that you should eat when you’re pregnant and these are mentioned below:
- Dairy products: While you are pregnant it is very important that you consume extra protein and calcium as this will meet the needs of the growing fetus. Dairy products maintain contain high quality protein that includes casein and whey and are also the best dietary source as this provides high amounts of phosphorus, various B-vitamins, magnesium and zinc. You can also take Yogurt, which is particularly beneficial for a pregnant woman.
- Legumes: The next food that you should eat includes lentils, peas, beans, chickpeas, soybeans and peanuts. Legumes are mainly plant-based sources of fiber, protein, iron, folate and calcium, which play a vital role for the body during pregnancy. Folate is a B-vitamin (B9), which is very significant for the health of the mother and fetus.
- Sweet potatoes: Sweet potatoes are another thing that you should eat when you are pregnant. Sweet potatoes are very rich in beta-carotene, which is essential for growth of cells and tissues. It is very prominent for a healthy fetal development. In this concern, a pregnant woman is generally aske to increase the intake of vitamin A intake by 10–40%. Sweet potatoes contain fiber and that helps in increasing fullness, reduces blood sugar spikes and even helps in improving digestive health.
- Salmon: When you are pregnant, you should also omega 3 fatty acid and salmon is a kid of fish that is very rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Salmon is seafood and is rich in vitamin D that can help build the brain and eyes of the fetus. Though omega-3 fatty acid is important but you should take twice a week as this can increase the blood levels of EPA and DHA.
- Eggs: You should also eat eggs when you are pregnant because eggs are very health and they also contain a little bit of nutrient that you would need. A large egg contains 77 calories and it is also rich in protein and fat, besides it also contains vitamins, choline and minerals. Research said that low choline intake during pregnancy might increase the risk of neural tube defects. This can possibly lead to decreased of brain function.
Consume these products as a must food as these are healthy and can help you during pregnancy for the growth of the fetus.